Acquisitions form a key tenet of Enghouse’s overall growth and diversification strategy. Enghouse focuses on acquiring software and services firms with applications solutions and existing customer bases, but will also consider technology-only acquisitions.
Enghouse seeks companies that develop and sell customer focused software solutions that are complementary to its existing businesses, or offer opportunities for Enghouse to enter new vertical markets in fragmented industries.
Enghouse buys, holds and integrates the acquired companies to become an integral part of the Enghouse family and continues to support all acquired products and customers.
- Software companies (public, private or divestitures) with revenue greater than $5 million
- Desired geographies include the Americas, the UK, Europe, Nordics and APAC
- Preferably with a strong recurring revenue stream (maintenance, hosted or subscription based revenue)
- Profitable or unprofitable
- Flexible in terms of management/entrepreneurs staying with the business to help grow the business globally or moving on to other endeavours
- Software Companies involved in these sectors:
- Contact Center/Unified Communications/Video Collaboration/Conferencing
- Transportation/Fleet Management/Supply Chain/Public Safety/Automated Fare Collection
- Telecom Service Providers Software (OSS, BSS, VAS, IPTV)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software based products
- New Sectors
- Target software companies with revenue over $10 million, in fragmented industries ripe for consolidation
Enghouse prefers to assume 100% ownership of the business, although it will consider a majority equity stake. Pure technology plays or start-ups are usually not considered unless they complement an existing business or product line.
Enghouse is a cash buyer with significant cash on hand to finance its acquisition strategy. Our deal structure and process are straightforward and transparent resulting in a fast closing and a history of closing almost all deals once we have an agreed-upon letter of intent between the parties.